Thursday, May 11, 2006

If you're happy & you know it, clap your hands.

Maanasa is learning new things every day:) She's been babbling non-stop for the past couple of days. Today she clapped for the first time . When I told her to clap for appa(dad), she clapped immediately. I was crying(lol), the first time she clapped. She wants to stand all the time now, I think she wants to practice her new-found skill to perfection. I think another tooth is coming out because she was a little restless & cranky yesterday night & she's been biting everything in sight the whole day today. But she wouldn't allow me to take a look.
I love reading & one thing that I miss sorely here in Switzerland is a library. We do have a library in my town here, but it has a very limited selection of english books. Today I went to the library & to my dismay, found out that I've finished reading about 60% of the books there. I can read German, but its still not the same as reading english books.I think I'm going to start a library here, Sriram says that I have enough books to start a huge library anyway:) I might seriously think about this after I'm back from India.
I'm really excited about my trip to India, but I'm a little scared too, because it is so hot there. It is about 40 deg. Maanasa is not used to so much heat, she sweats here in Switzerland at 24 deg, lol. I'm not sure about what to take with me. I'll probably take some diapers, but I don't think I'm going to use them all day, I'll probably buy some cloth diapers, I think they are the best for the hot weather. I'm planning to start Maanasa with some of our staple food like rice, lentils etc, once we are there. We are taking the travel cot with us, as she's used to sleeping in her own cot here. I'm just overwhelmed to think about how much stuff I've to carry. Maybe I'm going overboard, but it is her first time there & as it is she's going to face a lot of new things, so I'm being a little careful in taking a lot of things with me. But we can carry upto 70kgs, so I think I can manage.
Ok, some more layouts:

Credit:
'Beyond Safari' kit by Bella Gypsy Designs, available at ACOT

I did this for the Journalling inspiration challenge at RAKSCRAPS. The pretty flowers & blings are from the Jeweled Petals set from Mrs.Schmuck, the background paper is from her Periwinkle & more kit.


Credit:
'Doodled Spring' by SaraAmarie, available at 3Scrapateers

Credit:
'Major Bedhead' kit by Becky Vosburg, available at Digishoppe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Raji,

Had a quick look at some of ur posts.Believe me, each post is suffused with motherly pride and joy!! The pictures and layout adding more to it.Good luck!!

Rana Sinha Ray said...

Hi Raji,
Went through and saw some great fotos...very nice...gotta add it to my list of must visit blogs...
Enjoy maadi....

Julie said...

Hi Raji,
Such beautiful LO you should be so proud... :-) Hope you are having a wonderful time with your family.

Hugs Julie

PS you have been tagged

Tracy Blankenship said...

what wonderful layouts...so beautiful! sounds like she is getting so big...I am sure the first couple days will be and adjustment to weather and such...but she will do good...kiddos are so easy to adapt. The library thing is wild...never thought about that.
hugs

Buddhini Ekanayake said...

Dear Raji,
It's nice to get to know you. Even now you are staying it Switzerland it's wonderful to hear that you are from Chennai. I have been to Chennai for several times. India is over one and only neighbor. It's like a second home for me as l studied in India for three years.

Went through your blog and love seen Maanasa. Hope she will quickly adjust to the whether in Chennai. After all that's where she belongs to.......... Your relatives must be waiting to meet sweet little Maanasa. Have a safe journey !!!!

Vidhya Arunkumar said...

I happened to land on your blog when i was searching something about swiz.Nice blogs.