Saturday, May 12, 2007

Neha is here:)

It's been ages since I posted here. Time for an update:)
Neha is here, she was born on the EDD:May 3rd by emergency C section.
I had a regular appointment with the Dr. in the morning, I had been having contractions on and off, he did a non-stress test and was concerned about baby's irregular heart rate. He sent me straight to L&D to have a stress test so that he could induce labour. Even before they could start the I.V, I had a strong contraction & the baby's heart beat went down drastically, so they decided to do a C-section as soon as possible. Neha was born at 2.18 p.m. She weighed 3.445gms & was 48 cms long. The moment she came out, she let out a cry and then turned blue all over, they had to give her oxygen immediately, she also had low sugar & low haemoglobin levels. She was kept under observation for 4 days. Now she is completely alright. We came home on wednesday afternoon. She is doing fine and Maanasa is thrilled about having us home. Every time when Neha cries, Maanasa mimics her crying & tells me that 'Neha baby is crying like this.....':).
A few pictures:)



Neha means love/loving.
Yes, that is her hair, not a cap, lol.
I have got loads & loads of clothes for her, but in the hospital, she is supposed to wear only what they provide.
I can't wait to get back to scrapping, Sriram is at home next week too & I'm planning to catch up on scrapping (if Neha cooperates:).

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She made quite the dramatic entrance! I'm so glad to hear everything is ok now. She's just beautiful! Congratulations! Welcome, Neha!!

Audimc said...

Welcome to the world Neha!! Congrats Raji to you and your family!!!! I can't wait to see the fun new pages you create!

Melinda said...

Welcome Neha!! I'm so glad you got here safely!
Congrats, Raji!

Robin said...

Welcome Neha! She is just beautiful and I love her hair!!! :) Can't wait to see more photos of the new baby!!!!!

Shalini said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable. I'm glad she's doing fine now. How scary.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Neha!! Congrats Raji and family!! She's beautiful, can't wait to see scrap pages, and I'm so glad everything turned out okay!!

Jan said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulation, Raji.

Anonymous said...

She's so gorgeous, and I love her name!!

Congrats Raji and family! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Raji, she is just gorgeous! Look at all that beautiful hair. Congratulations!

Lynn Grieveson said...

She is adorable! It sounds like quite a drama, but glad she is fine now. Congratulations!

Kim said...

Congrats, Raji!! She's beautiful! Glad to know Neha is doing fine and I can't wait to see your new layouts!

clc said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and Neha are both doing well now. She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an amazing amount of hair, lol!! Welcome Neha and congratulations Raji, she's beautiful!

Meredith said...

congratulations!!! she is beautiful! and i am so jealous that she has so much hair! she has more hair than my two year old! :) best wishes, raji!

shelly c said...

Happy for you that everything is alright now, Raji! Enjoy your beautiful baby, CONGRATULATIONS!

LuAnn said...

Congrats! She's beautiful with all the black hair!

Anonymous said...

Awww Welcome Neha! Congratulations!